enjoy the rest of your day and stay entertained with reliable and trusted news

Advertisement

  • Breaking News

    Wednesday 15 October 2014

    Big win: Simon Rustage, the winner of a £250,000 lottery scratchcard jackpot,


    The winner of a £250,000 lottery scratchcard jackpot was left in shock when he discovered he will be handed the same amount again every year - up to and including 2028.
    Simon Rustage, 47, was thrilled when he scratched off the winning numbers on the £10 National Lottery Mega Rich Scratchcard at the weekend.
    But the father-of-four from the Woolston area of Warrington, Lancashire, was even more surprised to learn that the prize meant he would receive the sum again, every year for the next 15 years. 

    Big win: Simon Rustage, the winner of a £250,000 lottery scratchcard jackpot, was left in shock when he discovered he will be handed the same amount again every year, up to and including 2028
    Big win: Simon Rustage, the winner of a £250,000 lottery scratchcard jackpot, was left in shock when he discovered he will be handed the same amount again every year, up to and including 2028
    'I was just totally shocked. I had to look at the ticket about 40 times,' said Mr Rustage, who bought the scratchcard at a shop in Warrington.
    'I don’t do the lottery and only buy scratchcards now and again, but I was feeling lucky.
    It means his total prize will be £3.75million, although this will be subject to tax. He will receive 15 payments of £250,000 each October so the last one will be paid in 2028.
    The chances of him winning the top prize on the game were more than one in four million, with just four of the £250,000 cards in circulation. 
    He added: 'It is absolutely unbelievable. This is just the best prize ever. It is like having a job with a £250,000 salary but not actually going into work.'
    Despite his new-found wealth, the warehouse stock handler says he is not planning to go on a wild spending spree although he might treat himself to is a season ticket for his beloved Warrington Wolves rugby team. The most expensive renewal price for the 2015 season is £296.
    Winners: Mr Rustage meets one of his Warrington Wolves heroes, Gareth O'Brien as he celebrates his win
    Winners: Mr Rustage meets one of his Warrington Wolves heroes, Gareth O'Brien as he celebrates his win
    'As long as my kids are settled I don’t mind,' he said. 'My kids, my family and my friends are top priority.
    'I will buy a new car and take my family and friends on a holiday next year but I’ve not yet got anything planned.'
    Mr Rustage said he had not yet decided if he will give up working after scooping the big prize.  
    'I am going to take my time over what I do and how I spend the money,' he said. 'I certainly have no plans to give up work at present.'

    No comments:

    Post a Comment